Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Sunday, September 30, 2012

ANOS trip to Bullio

I have uploaded a Picasa Album to enable easy viewing of the main Orchids and a few other plants and an unusual Moth, we saw today, at Ken and Leonie's place today.
https://picasaweb.google.com/113268294402913437731/BullioPhotosSeptember302012#


A close-up of Ken's plant
Oligochaetochilus hamatus
(formerly Pterostylis hamata)
 We found this delightful "Red Passionflower"
Another plant I have not seen before.
Passiflora cinnabarina
However, I must commend Daniel for showing me a small group of Cyrtostylis reniformis a plant which I had never seen before, and one which I had hoped to find at Black Mountain, in Canberra last week. Success at last. Tiny little plants, barely visible amongst the grass and ferns on the side of a steep hill. Thanks Daniel.
Cyrtostylis reniformis
The tiny little Gnat Orchid
Hard to see, even harder to find.
The other plant I was thrilled to see was Oligochaetochilus hamatus (formerly Pterostylis hamata).Ken has grown this plant (which I used to get the first couple of close-up shots) but I was tickled pink to see this plant in full flower "in the wild".
Oligochaetochilus hamatus
(formerly Pterostylis hamata)



No comments: